"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Seasons of Life

Don't know where I get the notion that I have to be on top of everything all the time and have a well balanced life. In the first three months after Joshie was born I condemned myself for not keeping the house clean and for not cooking every meal and packing Hebron's lunch. I was just physically too tired to attempt everything and I am the kind of person that need alot of down time. Some people ask me how do I balance marriage, kids, working, and serving. After thinking about it, I realized that there is no balancing. And I came to accept that I cannot balance it all. I cannot serve when I'm tired from waking up so many times at night. I cannot make fresh wholesome dinner every night and pack Hebron's lunch everyday. I came to accept that there is a season for everything and that this season of caring for an infant will pass. I will be able to serve at church later when life is more manageable and when I can give serving more attention and energy. I will be able to cook and make everything from scratch once again. But in the mean time I just need to do the best that I can with the time God has giving me.

The mable tree we have outside helped made me feel more at peace about not doing everything. How's that? The tree was luscious and green. But when fall came, some leaves turned yellow and then orange and then red. Now the tree is multi-color. It is so beautiful. Looking at it I realized that life, like this tree, goes through different stages and different season. And all the seasons are beautiful. The tree was beautiful when it was green and it's still breath taking now that it's red and orange. Life was great when I can balance everything. l need to enjoy life as it is now because this season of infant hood will pass.

No comments :