"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I love the holidays and I love to make a big deal out of it. It is my hope that my sons will come to love it too and when they grow up, no matter where they are they will come home for the holidays. Hebron and I have tradition of verbally saying the things we are most thankful for. The following hymn really tells why we should count our blessings.

Count your blessings name them one by one
Count your blessings see what God had done
Count your blessings name them one by one
Count your many blessings see what God had done

I am thankful for:
  1. A husband who loves me unconditionally. Even though sometime I list out his faults, I know he is still a good husband and father.
  2. The boys that God had entrusted to me. I am grateful for their health and their growth.
  3. My house. Even though it's old and poorly insulated, I am ever so grateful to have this house and to be in this neighborhood. It's the perfect place for our family. I can do all that my heart desires in this house.
  4. A heavenly Father who loves me more than I can ever know. He is always so patience with me.
  5. Friends who care. Life is very lonely without friends. I wish I have more free time to reconnect with them.
  6. My job. I am grateful to have a place to work where they are willing to accommodate my schedule so that I can pick up my kids early from day care.
  7. A God who provides. Sometime money is tight, but we are never in need.

What are you thankful for?

No comments :