"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Journey to the East

After two and a half weeks of buying things and packing for our trip, I think we are ready to go.  Our packing list is double column, two pages long.  We are bringing anything and everything you can think of for the just-in-case scenerios.  Beside the regular baby stuff like bottles, formula, diapers, infant feeding things, and clothes, we have toys for the boys, homework, and snacks.  And not to mention a whole pharmacy.  Our medicine bag is full of all kinds of medication for kids and adult as I am trying to prepare for everything possible.  We were advised to bring gifts.  So we have a suitcase full of Made in USA stuff to give away.  I feel like a Santa Claus.

Beyond the excitement, there are lots of fears and anxieties (but don't mention it to the boys).  Alot of people have given me tips on how to be safe in China and I appreciate it.  But hearing those stories made me nervous.  Someone told me that in GZ and through out China people would kidnap boys and sell them to the country side as labor or dismember them and make them beg for money.  Oh my, how horrible and I am bringing my precious sons to THAT city?  I don't want to cause them any harm or what if they get terribly sick?  I always keep my eyes on them, but I feel like I have to carry them and hold them tight.  But how can I do that now that we have three?  I've even asked my mom to make two leash type of thing so I can put one end on me and one end on the boys.  Just thinking about it paralzes me.  So I have to refocuses my attention on the loving and powerful Creator.  I have to remind myself that God is good and that He will not give me more than what I can bear.  It was He who called us to this journey and He alone is in control of the entire process.  I am reminded that God has blessed us every step of the way thus far, from the quick and smooth paperwork to the miraculous financial provision.  I've prayed that He would go before us and smooth out our path.  I know He will. 

Just one final exam to go and we will be off.  I hope to have internet access so I can continue to update this blog.  Please pray for the following:
  1. Safety flying there and back and that the kids will be able to handle the long flight.
  2. Safety within China for the reason mentioned above and that we all would stay healthy.  And also protection from theft.
  3. Good bonding with Mui-Mui  so that she would form an attachment with us and that she will know that we are her parents now. 
  4. Quick recovery from jet lag there and back.  Good sleep when it's time to sleep so we all will have the energy to do what we have to do.  I've heard that it's really rigorous.
  5. Opportunity to share Christ with people we come in contact with.  When I am busy, I tend to only focus on my needs and the task at hand.  Please pray that God will open up my eyes to those who are ready and willing to receive the gospel.

No comments :