"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Sunday, December 03, 2006

Communion

Today is the first Sunday on the month, so there is communion at church where we eat a tiny waffer and drink grape juice. Symbolically, it represent the body and the blood of Christ, who died on our behave. The pastor told a story about a father who love his son so much that he made a lot of changes and sacrifices for him. And I understood the heart of that father. I will do anything for my kids. I am willing to give up anything and change anything for the sake of them. So during communion, I was still thinking about the many characteristics of my personally that need to change inorder to be a good role model of my kids and also to be a good wife. As I meditate on Christ and how He died for us, I thought, my kids shouldn't be my main motivation for my change, but rather Christ and what He did on the cross. If I truly understand the magnitude of what Christ did, that should lead to complete change, which should lead to total obedience. Changing certain personality is never easy, God is slowly working in me to mold me to the likeness of Christ.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi Kitty, yes, our Heavenly Father is so generous! =)