"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Awake at 3:30am

It was 3:30am when Caleb, our firstborn, suddenly cried loudly. I went to his room to see what happened. Apparently, he was having a nightmare. I calmed him down and went back to bed. As I was laying there in bed, completely exhausted but unable to fall asleep, I recalled a conversation I had with a coworker a couple days ago. She was saying how she is able to fall asleep instantly and be able to go back to sleep if she was ever woken up. I told her I used to be able to do that before having kids, but now, I sometimes have problems falling asleep and staying asleep until morning. To that, she jokingly said, "Sounds like kids ruin your life." As I was laying there in bed at 3:45am trying to fall back to sleep, I remembered that statement. What do I think about?

Raising kids is indeed one of the biggest and hardest task anyone put on me in all my life. However, as it is commonly said, it is also one of the most rewarding thing I have the priviledge to be a part of. Even though I was rudely awaken in the middle of the night, but as I left Caleb's room, he called out to me and said, "I love you." That made it all worth it.

No comments :