"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Friday, December 01, 2006

Ask and it shall be given

Last Wednesday after I picked Caleb up from day care and asked how his day was, he told me that Koen, another kid at day care, ate a "long yogurt." He also said that he asked for some and Auntie Grace told him to ask Mommy. So I promised him that tomorrow I will pack him that long yogurt to bring to day care. On my way home from work on Thursday, I thought to myself, Caleb must be really happy because he gets to eat that long yogurt. And I was sooo happy that I can give him what he wants. I generally grant him his request if it's not harmful to him or unreasonable. If he asked for chips before dinner, I would ask him to wait until after dinner. I usually keep my promise and grant him his request.

This incident led me to think about our relationship with God. He loves us so much that, like me, would jump to grant us our requests. Provided that it's not harmful or unreasonable. So I truly believe that if we ask we shall receive. But sometime God ask us to wait for a better time. Like when I asked Caleb to wait until after dinner. If I, a mere imperfect human, know how to give good things to my kids, how much more will God grant us what we want. I now know that God heard all my prayers and I can rest assure that God has my best interest.

No comments :