"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Friday, January 06, 2017

One Pot Chicken Rice

I always feel so loved when someone brings me dinner, whether it was purchased or homemade, or invite me to dinner.  The act of providing dinner involves many steps.  First, they thought about me.  Second, they spent time cooking or getting me food.  And finally, they deliver it to me or have me over to their house to share a meal.  In a culture where we are all press for time, I think the act of providing dinner is a high form of love.  I still remember all the people that brought me a meal when I had my first child and the adoption of the third.  The meals range from the very simple to the very extravagant, but I appreciated and enjoyed them all because I was at a period where I couldn't cook. On the receiving end, each meal was a blessing.

God has always impress upon my heart to use whatever resources and gifts that He has given me for His glory.  Of course that definitely includes my love for baking and cooking.  Since I am such a food oriented person, that is definitely my way of showing love to those around me.  I have no hesitation in providing a meal, hosting an event, or cooking for a group.  In fact, I have to pull myself back from doing those things because I can get out of hand.

I know for a lot of people, providing someone a meal or bringing things to a potluck can be a daunting task.  But have no fear, I am going to share this one pot meal recipe, so that when you have the opportunity to bring someone a meal or have to bring a dish to potluck, it would be easy.  I encourage you to bless someone and share the love of Christ in this very tangible way.  And with Instant Pot, it's easy peasy.




One Pot Chicken Rice

Ingredients
2-3 lbs       Chicken thigh (cut into 1.5 in cube)
3 sticks      Chinese sausages (diced)
10              Black mushroom (rehydrated and diced) more if you like
3 cloves     Garlic (minced)
3 sliced      Ginger (shredded)
3 rice cup   Rice
2 C            Chicken broth
                  Green onion for garnish
Some         Taro (cubed) - optional

Chicken marinate:
1/4 tsp       Five spice powder (more if you like)
2 TBS       Soy sauce
1/2 TBS    Dark soy sauce
1/4 tsp       sugar
                 sesame oil

1. Marinate chicken with chicken marinate and keep in fridge overnight or for 30 mins.
2.  On Saute mode, add in a little oil till hot.  Add in garlic & ginger till fragrant.  Add in Chinese sausage and mushroom.  
3. Wash rice and put in Instant Pot with 2 C of chicken broth.
4. Add in marinated chicken and set on manual mode for 8 mins.  Let it natural release for 15 mins.
5.  Taste to see if you need more seasoning.  Serve with green onion as garnish.

No comments :