"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Saturday, January 28, 2017

Happy Chinese New Year



Chinese New Year is not as big of a deal in the US as in Asia.  I remember New Year to be sooo much fun when I was a kid in Vietnam.  Because my mom can sew, she made me a new outfit to wear everyday for two weeks straight. As part of our custom, my parents would take me to visit relatives to wish them a prosperous new year.  New clothes, good food, and red envelopes, New Year was like Christmas in the US.   My Dad would make his diakon cake every year.  However, this year, he said that his hand hurts due to arthritis, so he didn't make daikon cake.  Of course, I have to help him carry on the tradition.   This New Year brought back memories because my mom helped me hemmed a few pair of pants I got in Christmas.  I have new clothes to wear, red envelopes, and daikon cake.  It's like I am little again.

No comments :