"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Saturday, August 20, 2011

J Learned to Ride 2 Wheels at Camping Trip

My family enjoys camping, so we tried to go annually.  This year we went to Big Basin Redwood Forrest in Santa Cruz.  I have to admit, this year I was not that excited to go because K is still small and I was fearful of mosquitoes.  At all church camp in Santa Cruz last year, I got three bites that still itches till today.  K did not like camping because she can't climb, roll around on the ground, get into trouble, and she didn't get much sleep.  I was thankful that my parents and Uncle prepared all the food and also cooked it.  I spent the entire time looking after K, which tired me out.  H bought all kinds of insect repellent for me and the kids.  We had insect repellent with 64% deets for me, natural and nontoxic repellent for the kids, repellent only made for clothes and equipments, citronella candles, OFF powerpad lamp, and OFF clip on.  I guess all those things worked.  I left with only ONE bite on my forehead.  I forgot to put repellent on my face. 

Hebron took the time there to teach J how to ride two wheels.  At home J was nervous about riding without training wheels because he said he is not as old as his big brother.  But we assured him that if he tried, he will be able to do it.  Sure enough after alittle while he was able to balance and ride, but can't stop or start.  After another session, he learned to stop.  But was not very good at it.  J told H, "I am so proud of myself.  I am such a big boy."  Unfortunately before we ended the second session, J ran into a wall and hurt himself badly.  We had to take him to urgent care.  The doctor said that the injury was not as bad as it looked.  Praise the Lord for that!

No comments :