"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day in Kindergarten

With a blink of an eye the summer is over.  I am not ready for homework and all the busyness.  Today is first day in school for the boys.  J was filled with excitement and C was a bit nervous.  I want J to have a great year in Kindergarten and want him to have fun.  All summer I prayed and ask around to see if there is a familiar face in his class.  All his friends seem to be in other classes.  But God is really good.  He did prepare for J a friend from his preschool.  Even though that friend was in a different class in preschool, they appearantly played together before and we even went to his birthday party last year.  In the trial day of Kindergarten before the first day of school, J sat next to an old friend. 

C seems to get the short end of the stick all the time in terms of class assignment.  He always was given strict teachers.  This year, he have two part time teachers.  One teacher does not want to teach full time, so she will team teach with another teacher.  I just don't like this arrangement.  I fear that with two different expectations, teaching styles, and personalities, C will have a hard time opening up and the teachers.  I really want him to enjoy and love school.  I just have to trust that God is faithful.  I am praying that He will open up my eyes so that I can see the positive instead of the negatives.  I pray that C will thrive and succeed.
Sitting next to an old friend from Happiness Hill.


First day of school.

Going to school, what a big boy!

No comments :