"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Where is the bow?

I am soooooo excited to be able to officially drive my new Sienna van.  We got it a couple weeks back and have been waiting for the license plate to arrive.  Both our cars are made in the same year and are really old.  We are afraid that they may break down in the future and we won't have enough money to get another car. After the adoption, we don't have any more cash to get a used car.  So we have been waiting for the opportunity to get another car with 0% financing.  The opportunity arrives to get this car when Toyota offers 0 down and 0% financing.  Toyota often have this deal for their sudans, but not often for vans.  At the same time, H (Hbrn) got a promotion at work.  God's timing is perfect and He provided us with my very FIRST new car.  H did his homework and got a great deal.  So good that only a few dealers are willing to give us that price.  Since I haven't had a new car before, I am kinda afraid to drive it.  I am being very careful with it and not take it to the bad side of town or drive it too much.  The boys love it, especially all the push botton features.  H loves it for the blue tooth feature that can play the music from your iPhone and allows you to answer the phone using buttons on the wheel.  I love it for the space and automatic sliding doors.

I've always imagined that when H gets me a new car, it'll come with a giant bow on top like in the commercials.  H even asked the dealer where to get one.  Unfortunately, you can't get one.  Well, we have a tiny bow instead.  We are truly blessed and thankful for God's provision. 
Remember the commercial?  "I love what you do for me, TOYOTA!"

3 comments :

WFP said...

Congrats on the promotion and new car. Can't wait to sit in it and press all the buttons!

KM said...

Must be a men/boys thing. I have no desire to push any buttons. Unless I have to use it. :)

Christine L. said...

Congrats! very cute picture!!! Enjoy the room!!!!