"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Friday, January 28, 2011

Late to school for the first time

In the last post, I shared that Caleb spilled his milk right when we were about to leave for school.  He deliberately disobey me and kept on going. So when he spilled, I felt like God was keeping me calm and giving me a teachable moment. I must cease it and take advantage of it. I need to teach him that there are consequences to his action. He chose to disobey and kept moving, so he made a mess, which causes him to be late for school. I know this is God because I am usually a mad woman/drill sergeant in the morning trying to get the kids fed and to school. I had Joshie change himself. I gave Caleb a roll of paper towel and had him clean the spill. It took him 15 mins, which made him late to school for the first time. After that, he gathered his things in the speed of light and dash for school. He had to get a tardy slip at the office before going to class. He usually looks forward to playing before the bell rings, but he didn't get to do that.  I hope he learned his lesson, but most likely it will take many more times for him to learn that there are consequences to his action.  I realized that when I am focused on teaching him and taking advantage of a teachable moment, then I am less angry at the action itself.

1 comment :

Christine L. said...

Nice job Kitty!! I think you did the right thing! :)