"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Sunday, May 12, 2013

Wedding Anniversary and Mother's Day


Today H and I celebrated our 12th anniversary.  Believe it or not we got married back in the days when digital photo was not very common.  Those camera was still quite expensive.  So ALL our pictures are in 35mm film.  On top of that, we got a really really bad photographer.  H and I paid for our own wedding and I only started working for a few months.  So our budget was limited.  Correction, extremely limited.  The photographer had a good portfolio, but when he did our pix, they were terrible.  Pictures were dark and when he did use flash, it caused shadows.  So not sure how his portfolio was so nice, perhaps not his work.   The picture above is so many time better that my wedding pix.  That is my biggest regret for the wedding.  I have always wished that we had better wedding photos.  Ours is so terrible that I am ashame to show them.  And since they were not digital, there is no way to fix them.  Oh how I wish we can retake those pictures.

Perhaps now we can.  I can fit back into my wedding gown and all my wedding day dresses again.  I really do love my wedding dress.  My mother made it for me from my own design.  She puts all the design and sequence on by hand.  I love the details, the fit, and the length.  It's hard to see all the details from the above pictures.  She made the three flowers on the back, cut the lace in the design that I wanted and sew it on by hand, and she wrapped each button on the back with the same fabric as my dress.  I was born with a wide shoulder, so I never liked wearing strapless or spagetti strap dresses.  So I designed this dress to hide my flaws.  My mom also made all the bridesmaid's dresses and flower girls' and ring bearers' outfit.  On the back of my bridesmaid dresses are flowers just like mine and loops to hold their shaws. I liked my bridesmaid dresses so much that I asked my mom to make me one too.  Not sure if I told her, but I loved all the dresses she made for my wedding.  I had 4 dresses that day.  I wish I had some place to wear those gorgeous dresses to.

So on this Mother's Day, I want to tell my Mom that I appreciate all that she do/did for me.  Thank you for making me clothes, cooking for us when I am busy, taking care of my kids so I can have a break, and being a great example of patience and kindness.


No comments :