"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Friday, May 10, 2013

80s Pastime


C have been asking to try rollerskates.  I really didn't know where to take him since there are no more skating rink.  And I didn't want to buy him rollerskates that he will grow out of in a few months.  Praise the Lord that CSUEB has a rollerskating club that puts together family rollerskating event to promote the sport (I think it's a sport).  Who knew that there such a club?  This was the first time they did it so there weren't that many people.  But it was great for us.  H and I already have our own rollerblade from our college days.  And the club has kid skates that the boys can borrow.  They even had a pink Barrie one for Mui. 

I love rollerskating.  I remember going to the rink often with my friends in JR high school.  Even back in the days, roller rink were closing left and right and they were usually located in the bad neighborhood.  So my parents doesn't want me to go so much.  But I loved skating to rock music and dancing. 

J didn't have a hard time with his skates because it's easier to balance on rollerskates than on rollerblade.  C had the blade and it took him awhile to balance.  But after about an hour he can go pretty fast by himself.  As for H and I, skating is like biking, once you learned it, you won't forget it.  But H was more rusty that I was.  Although I can't jump and spin, I can do pretty well. 

No comments :