"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Note From My Son

Sometime I feel like, as parent, I focus on teaching Caleb what not to do, but fail to focus on telling him that he is valued and loved.  So yesterday when I packed him his lunch, I wrote him and note to tell him I love him and gave to a bunch of gummies to share.  I am so glad he can read now.  He said he was happy and surprised.  Today, he responded to my note.  This is what he wrote.

Dear Mammy. I love you to! And I lice to play with you!
Love, Caleb

Caleb also drew four stick figures and put initial under each one.

D.M.    M.M.   C.M.    J.M.

Fome: Caleb
To: Mommy


He wrote it by sounding out each word.  I guess sometime it's hard to hear all the sounds.

1 comment :

hmak said...

That is the first note Caleb has ever written, and it must be the sweetest note I've ever seen!