"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Because "I Love You!"

We implimented house rules at the beginning of the year to teach the boys with their behavior.  They get a good point for obeying the rules and a bad point for disobedience.  Everyone can give each other a good or bad point because everyone must follow the rules, not just the kids. Then at the end of the week we add up all the points.  Whoever is in the positive will get stickers added to their crown. 

One of our rule is no yelling.  Well, today, I had to write an important email, but Joshie is always around me asking to get him food, play with him, turn on the TV, help him with the computer.  After awhile, I got upset because I was still not don't with my email.  I yelled at him and asked to stop bothering me and play by himself.  I felt soooo bad immediately after doing that.  So I apologize to him and told him he can give me a bad point for not obeying our house rule. 

He said, "No." 
I asked, "Why not?" 
He said, "Because I love you Mama!"

That just completely melted my heart.  How can I be upset at him when all he wants was my attention?  And all because he loves me.  Joshie is very effectionate; he shows it by kissing me millions of times a day and saying "I love you."  I wish this stage would never end.

No comments :