"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Sunday, October 05, 2014

Husband's First 10K

This is a back post.  I can't believe I didn't write about this.  It was such an epic event. 
H ran his first official 10K race.  Of course he was reluctant to sign up, but when his college roommate said that he will run too, then H is more willing to go.  They chatted up a storm since they hadn't seen each other for a long time.  Before they knew it, they were only a block away from the finished line.  That's why I love running with people, time just go by quickly when there is good company.  I am so proud of Heebee (a friend's nickname for him).  I hope he will want to run a half marathon.  :) 
The day is also memorable because I 8side my sister doing my second half marathon.  She has been a runner for a long time.  I think she has done 4 marathons.  She has always been fit so its hard to keep up with her.  I am still not as fast, but at least I can now run the distant.  To add to the awesomeness, some of my running buddies came too.  I am so blessed to have met so many people at the boys school that also run.  I have to say, the run as hard.  It was super hot and the race started after 8am.  Had it be earlier I think it would have been cooler.  I am proud to finish, even though I was slower than the first time.  Some day, I hope to do at least one marathon. 

No comments :