"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Beginning of the School Year...busy busy busy

Our summer was quiet and uneventful  and because of my new job, we didn't go anywhere.  But it was a blessing to be able to bring home a paycheck.  The boys started their school year.  C is in 4th grade and J in 2nd.  And I usually like to take the first day of school picture.  But it's was so hectic with so many things going on that I didn't do that.  This year, I am on the Board of the Parent and Teacher Association at the boys' school as Treasurer.  I was sweet talked into doing it because people thought that I will do a good job.  I do love numbers.  So I took the position and it involves doing a lot more volunteering on campus.  PTA usually host a wide range of activities that people on the board put together.  The first thing we hosted was the back to school parents social.  Looking back at my life, you can say that at a young age, God gave me the gift, talent, and interest to be in my profession.  I was the student body treasurer in high school and treasurer of my fellowship in college.  I just like dealing with money. It took me a long time to realize that God gave me this interest and gift to be in the accounting/tax world.  If He gave me this interest, then I am sure He will use it to bless me and people around me.  I enjoy being involve with the boys' school because I get to know other parents and teachers.  Sometimes I just want to keep to myself, so being involve helps me keep in touch with people.  I also want to be the first to know if there are any changes in curriculum and the changes that the state and district are/will be making to the education system.  But most of all, I pray that some how, people will see Christ in me.  I hope that God will give me the opportunity to make Him known in ways that are loving to those around me. 

No comments :