"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5



Sunday, March 10, 2013

Busy But Purposeful Weekend

I love the Bay Area Sunday School Convention (BASS) and love learning from people who has been there and done that because they have such wisdom to impart.  My mom once said that exceptional people always learn from other people's success and from failures.

The busyness started on Thursday night when BASS started.  I raced to cook dinner and so that when H returns, he can feed the kids and I head off to hear Chip Ingram.  On Friday morning after getting the kids to school, I headed to a workshop to learn about how to manage strong-willed children in class while H watch Mui-mui.  Then, I rushed home to relieve H so he can attend his workshop in guitar.  After feeding the boys lunch and cooking dinner, I went back to BASS for a workshop regarding anger and forgiveness.  Then, I headed off to the Rock and Worship Roadshow concert while H went to BASS.  Even typing my schedule made me feel tired.  But PTL that He gave me the strength to do everything and had lots of fun.

Saturday was just the same.  I made breakfast while H went to a worship workshop.  After that I baked muffins for IBF and then rushed to attend two more workshops, one of which is How to Provide Counseling to People in Difficult Situation.  Then, I came home to make food for YFC fellowship, then rush off to YFC.

Although this weekend was packed and busy, it was purposeful.  I had an uplifting time singing and worshipping God at BASS service and at the concert.  I also learned alot of tips on how to effectively serve others.  But most of all, I am recharged and challenged to passionately love the God that sacrificed His only Son for my sins.  There were so much information that I think I will need a few weeks to look through, review, think, analyze, and apply. 

No comments :